FACTORY FLOOR MANAGER
40 hours a week
We are looking to add the new position of Factory Floor Manager to our well established team, who, working with the General Manager, will be responsible for driving through extensive changes at an exciting time in our history. In brief, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the factory floor, driving operational efficiency improvements through increased use of technology and work time study, and achieving a safety first culture through the adoption of 5S principles and risk assessments.
• Meet the needs of all dùsal customers by ensuring high quality of all finished goods and by meeting agreed delivery schedules
• Manage the factory floor team to ensure high standards of service through training, communication and encouragement
• Ensure the highest health and safety standards across the organisation through training, adoption of 5S principles and effective risk assessments
• Introduce and continuously improve operational KPIs to ensure work is carried out in a well-organised, accurate and timely manner
• Ensure that there are clear quality guidelines in place and that these are embedded and adhered to in all activities
• Manage change through consultation, engagement and involvement
• Undertake regular stock checks, investigate any shortages and introduce measures to avoid future losses
• Utilise IT systems to optimise the prioritisation of production work in the factory and to gain efficiency improvements
• Develop the team’s understanding and use of onsite IT systems though coaching and training
• Drive continuous improvement activities in operations using recognised lean manufacturing techniques
Our ideal candidate will possess a degree in production management and/or strong experience in manufacturing operations with a proven track record of successfully leading process improvements though the adoption of lean manufacturing, 5S and other tools and methodologies. In addition, you must have the ability to work calmly under pressure to meet challenging production targets and deadlines coupled with effective team building, decision making and people management skills. Being IT literate with a high level of competency in the use of manufacturing related software systems and Microsoft Office are also key to success in this role
If you believe you meet our requirements we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and covering letter by emailing us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state what your salary expectations are.
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th September 2019.